You've grown it...now what to do with it? Here are 7 of my favorite recipes for okra.
- Martha Rose Shulman’s Roasted Okra – I cook it a little bit longer than the recipe states. The thyme in this makes all the difference.
- Okra Tempura – Tempura takes fried okra to a whole new level.
- Cheese and Bacon Okra Poppers – I add a chopped jalapeño to the cream cheese; we like these spicy.
- Okra Succotash – Classic summer side-dish; best with garden-fresh tomatoes and corn.
- Grilled Okra – Super simple to throw a few on the grill when you are cooking other things.
- Food Network Okra with Tomatoes – If you have garden-fresh onions, garlic and tomatoes, this recipe is the best. Summer on a plate.
- Okra Water – Health benefits, and easy preparation. If you don’t cut up the okra, it has a more mild flavor.
Use okra in your favorite recipes.
- Add it to soups and stews. Okra holds it shape when cooked and adds a nutritious boost.
- Roast it with your favorite root vegetables. Chop it large or small and enjoy the great roasted flavor.