Now that I’ve had my freeze dryer for a few months, I want to share one of my favorite recipes that uses only freeze-dried food….Freeze-dried guacamole! Fresh tasting guacamole in 5 minutes from the cupboard.
Freeze-dried guacamole is fast, simple & delicious. Jump to recipe
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information.
Why I love freeze-dried guacamole:
- Fresh-tasting guacamole out of the cupboard. I don’t have to worry if I have perfectly ripe avocados on hand.
- It uses ingredients I’ve already freeze dried and use regularly: avocados, tomatoes, garlic, onions, peppers, and cilantro.
- I can make up as much or as little guacamole as we need at any time.
- Freeze-dried avocados keep their vibrant green color and nearly all of the nutritional benefits.
- Stir up a batch of guacamole for one or ten. The recipe is very adaptable.
- Makes a great gift! Make kits in see-through mylar bags or jars with the ingredients layered inside or pre-blended and the recipe attached.
Freeze-Dried Guacamole Recipe
- 3 cups freeze-dried avocados (spritz with lime juice before freeze drying)
- ½ cup freeze-dried green onions
- ¼ cup freeze-dried cilantro
- 1 cup freeze-dried tomatoes
- 2-4 cloves freeze-dried garlic
- Freeze-dried bell or hot peppers to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pulse ingredients in a blender until desired size and texture.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a bowl, and stir in 1 cup water and mix with a fork until guacamole is desired consistency. Add more water 1 teaspoon at a time if needed.
- Let rest for 1-2 minutes to allow ingredients to absorb moisture.
- Serve immediately.
Don’t have a freeze dryer?
Purchasing a freeze dryer is undoubtedly an investment. My freeze dryer runs almost nonstop, and I’m grateful to have one. I have the medium-size freeze dryer with the premier pump from Harvest Right.
If you are purchasing a freeze dryer, please consider purchasing through my affiliate link. (It doesn’t cost you more, and I earn a small commission.) Your support helps me continue providing free content here on my blog and YouTube channel.
Monday 13th of March 2023
Is this the amount you freeze dry or the amount after freeze drying? I'm a little confused.
Tuesday 14th of March 2023
The volume of the food doesn't change much, but the amounts are listed in freeze-dried amounts.
Thursday 26th of May 2022
I haven't had my freeze dryer very long and I've been researching a lot of stuff. Have you tried making the guacamole first and then freeze drying it? If so, which method do you prefer?
Friday 27th of May 2022
I haven't done that, but have heard from others that it works too. I like the convenience of mixing up just a bit when we need it using this method.