Now that I’ve had my freeze dryer for a few months, I want to share one of my favorite recipes that uses only freeze-dried food….Freeze-dried guacamole! Fresh tasting guacamole in 5 minutes from the cupboard.
Freeze-dried guacamole is fast, simple & delicious. Jump to recipe
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information.
Why I love freeze-dried guacamole:
- Fresh-tasting guacamole out of the cupboard. I don’t have to worry if I have perfectly ripe avocados on hand.
- It uses ingredients I’ve already freeze dried and use regularly: avocados, tomatoes, garlic, onions, peppers, and cilantro.
- I can make up as much or as little guacamole as we need at any time.
- Freeze-dried avocados keep their vibrant green color and nearly all of the nutritional benefits.
- Stir up a batch of guacamole for one or ten. The recipe is very adaptable.
- Makes a great gift! Make kits in see-through mylar bags or jars with the ingredients layered inside or pre-blended and the recipe attached.
Freeze-Dried Guacamole Recipe
- 3 cups freeze-dried avocados (spritz with lime juice before freeze drying)
- ½ cup freeze-dried green onions
- ¼ cup freeze-dried cilantro
- 1 cup freeze-dried tomatoes
- 2-4 cloves freeze-dried garlic
- Freeze-dried bell or hot peppers to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pulse ingredients in a blender until desired size and texture.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a bowl, and stir in 1 cup water and mix with a fork until guacamole is desired consistency. Add more water 1 teaspoon at a time if needed.
- Let rest for 1-2 minutes to allow ingredients to absorb moisture.
- Serve immediately.
Don’t have a freeze dryer?
Purchasing a freeze dryer is certainly an investment. My freeze dryer runs almost nonstop, and I’m so grateful to have one. I have the medium size freeze dryer with the premier pump from Harvest Right. If you would like to learn more about freeze drying, this post will be helpful.
If you are purchasing a freeze dryer, please consider purchasing through my affiliate link. (It doesn’t cost you more, and I earn a small commission.) Your support helps me to continue to provide free content on my blog and YouTube channel.